If there is one city in this country that can be proud of its public transport, it is Brussels. Let's get some facts straight.
- Our capital is served by four transport companies:
- STIB (Brussels Intercommunal Transport Company)
- De Lijn (Flemish government transport company)
- TEC (Walloon regional bus company)
- SNCB (Belgian Railways)
- With 2,200 bus and tram stops, 69 metro stations and 32 train stations, there is always a stop within walking distance in the Brussels region.
- The Brupass XL zone: You can travel via the four transport companies throughout the Brussels region and the surrounding communes at a single fare.
But there is always room for improvement. That is why the Brussels region invested almost €1 billion in the further development of public transport in 2021. That goes to:
- 151 new hybrid buses
- 10 new metro trains and increased frequency of metro trains on lines 2 and 6
- Two new bus routes (routes 74 and 52)
SmartMove also ensures a smoother passage for buses and trams. This benefits both car and public transport users.
More about better mobility